Inclusive Rural Development Programme (PRODERI)
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Agrégateur de contenus
Inclusive Rural Development Programme
PRODERI will be implemented nationwide, with priority given to the north-westernprovinces, and will gradually expand into all provinces interested in participating inthe programme during the six years of implementation.
The direct beneficiaries are several groups of disadvantaged family farmers, including the following:
- 25,520 poor households of small producers engaged in family farming (approximately 30 per cent of the population of poor small producers;
- 4,000 indigenous households; and
- 8,000 vulnerable families (landless producers, women heads of household, young people and casual wage earners).
Poor rural families will improve their quality of life and raise their incomes through:
- diversification and increases in family farm production;
- support for small family farmers in accessing markets and value chains in a stable and sustainable way;
- creation of partnership opportunities among the different economic actors that comprise market networks;
- efficient financing of investments and working capital to increase production, productivity and income generation;
- increased income and employment opportunities for women, young people and rural wage earners;
- strengthening organizations of producers and rural poor people.